adaptable, repeatable, reliable
Imagine getting studio-style, computer-controlled camera moves in the
field ‚€“ without breaking your back or your budget! Peace River
Studios, designers and builders of GyroPro™ camera stabilizers and
other specialty equipment, introduces TrailRail™, a new solution for
dynamic, computer-controlled camera moves.
This system synthesizes an innovative dolly structure with an on-board
computer and user-friendly software so you can get smart,
adaptable motion control practically anywhere. Lightweight
modular track sections enable custom-rigging for hundreds of different
shooting situations. Battery operation provides cable-free, automated
filming of complex camera moves for both real-time and traveling time-lapse
sequences (See an example -6MB).
A preview mode lets you check your shots before committing them to
film ‚€“ and because this system is computer
controlled, moves can be repeated and adjusted until you have exactly
what you want.
Automated Dolly System Offers:
- Superior automated camera control.
- Field or studio operation.
- Smooth motion, time-lapse, or go-motion (on the fly) shooting.
- Dependable and durable construction.
- Modular, adjustable track for straight, curved, or combination
- Portability (it‚€™s even back-packable).
- Battery operation; no cables to trail behind.
- An on-board computer to orchestrate fluid three-way moves along
the linear, pan, and tilt axis (roll axis can be added).
- All-in-one integrated software and hardware package.
- The power to monitor, review, refine, and replicate camera moves.
- Compatibility with most film, video, and still cameras from large
format to mini- DV.
The Automated Dolly System's
modular, expandable design makes it useful for a wide range of media
productions. While it has been developed for work on location it can
be equally appealing for studio and interior shoots where flexibility
and control are needed.
Our proprietary software controls all moving components through an onboard
Apple laptop computer. The system‚€™s lightweight structure enables
global shipping and quick field set-ups. It can even be trekked into
- Articulated dolly camera head supports cameras up to 120 lbs.
- Lightweight, 18" wide modular track comes in 6‚€™ sections
and can be laid to almost any length and leveled with a laser.
- The supporting legs are available in various lengths and are adjustable
for use on irregular surfaces.
- A stepper motor provide the necessary strength and stability
for smooth, precise shots
- A controller operates the motor at user-defined speeds and
at all accelerations.
- The Automated Dolly System's stand-alone motion-control and image-capturing
software can also slave to, or synchronize with, an external intervalometer
that triggers between automatic camera moves while shooting motion
time-lapse. The same software can control almost any type of camera
including broadcast video, miniDV, digital still, or even conventional
- The dolly/camera head is completely self-contained. Motors,
controllers, battery power, and laptop computer are all on board (no
wires on the outside, no riders needed).
- Add PixOrb™ motorized 2-Axis head for additional capabilities.
One of the hallmarks of our system is its powerful software. We developed
the stand-alone motion-control and image-capturing software in unison
with the hardware. Launch the Automated Dolly System program and you'll
see the possibilities: capture images from a video feed or synchronize
pre-programmed moves with an external intervalometer for dynamic time-lapse/stop
motion shots. The images can be grabbed on the fly ("go motion")
while the rig is moving or from pre-set, programmed positions during
a move. This allows you to get precise, repeatable shots. This function
can be used to make dry runs of a Large Format shot before committing
to film, so you not only get the perfect shot, you save money in the